HomeArtist Bio/StudioArtwork for SaleFind Me HereCustomer Feedback

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Custom Skelly Ornie & Dreams Do Come True!!

Hi out there in BlogLand!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was really nice and quite productive.  Wanted to share my first Halloween Skelly Ornie of the year.  I had a customer that loved my "How Do You Boo" Skeleton Shelf Sitter, but didn't want a doll.  She wanted an ornament.  So, I set out making her one that was similar, but different, as I like to keep all my pieces somewhat original to the collector.  Her favorite colors are silver and purple.  This is what I came up with.  I do hope she likes it, as I am mailing him off tomorrow.  I think he will look wonderful on her Halloween Tree.  Just wanted to share a simple photo with you all.  I will be making more ornaments in the next few months if any one is interested.


As far as my good news .... in my last post, I mentioned that I was recently at Disneyland.  Well, when checking my emails at Disneyland sitting having lunch with my Husband in one of their fun restaurants,  I received an email from Art Doll Quarterly Magazine.  About a month ago, I sent them five pieces of my art in the hopes of being published.  Well, I am happy to say that when I opened the email from them, it said that they would be publishing all five of my pieces in their upcoming August issue!!  Of course, I teared right up at the table and I am sure the waiter thought my Husband and I must be fighting.  LOL!  They were tears of Joy!

I am sure a lot of you can relate that as a wife and mother or even husband and father, you tend to put your goals to the side for the sake of others.  It has been a long time for me to finally put my artistic goals in the forefront.  I am so thrilled and really just can't believe it.  Dreams really do come true at Disneyland!!!

I hope this year, you are doing what you love - and if not - what are you waiting for?  Be kind to yourself and reach for whatever dream you are dreaming.  In fact, DREAM BIG!  You have nothing to lose and you just might make them come true!

Have a terrific week everyone!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations!!! I know you must be SO ECSTATIC! But so well deserved! :0)

Lisa J. Ammerman said...

Congratulations on having all your pieces selected for Art Dolls fall issue! I am an avid reader of that magazine. I, too, submitted work for that issue and I'm pleased to say I will have a witch featured in their Show and Tell gallery! YAY!! I can't wait to see what you had selected!

Charmed Confections said...

Hi Jeanne and Lisa! Thank you so much for wishing me well. Congratulations to you too Lisa! We will all be waiting in anticipation for that August issue. Can't wait to see your witch! Congrats, my friend!

Jody Wakefield studio said...

You are so talented my dear friend! I could not be happier that your dreams are coming true, you work is outstanding and you deserve this! I love that magazine and can't wait to see this issue.

I need your autograph now before you don't have time for us little people....tee hee

Hugs
Jody