HomeArtist Bio/StudioArtwork for SaleFind Me HereCustomer Feedback

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Charmed Confections' Studio is in high gear for Halloween!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all well and happy in your corner of the world.  Thought I should check in and at least say hello!   Whose running this blog anyway?   I've been so busy, I tend to forget to keep up my blog page.  Not good! 

The Charmed Confections' studio is in high gear creating for Halloween and the upcoming collector's show Halloween and Vine in Petaluma, CA on Saturday, September 24th.  I tell you, I have been working night and day on new items to bring with me.  I am planning on doing a pre-show for all those who cannot attend.  If you have a facebook account, please look me up under Charmed Confections and like/follow my page.  I will be giving sneak peeks there for you to see.   A link to my facebook page is in the right column of this blog.

Anyway, lot of new pieces and ideas are coming out of my head this year.  It is so nice to be able to focus totally on the creative side of my art.  Now, if I only have about 20 hands!  HA! HA!  Wanted to share with you some works in progress photos of the sculpting happening.


These skelly head cherries are just as sweet as can be.  These will be going on my new Scary Sundaes which I will post more about later.  Sure to be some wicked eye candy to decorate your home with.

If any of you follow me on Pinterest, you will know that I have board called Candy Dolls. These candy centers will act as the body of my Halloween characters.  Head, arms and legs still need to be sculpted, but boy, their yummy centers sure are pretty!  Stay turned for more pics on these.


I've been sculpting Ghastly Ghost heads like crazy!!  All different too.  No two are alike, which I love being a collector myself.  These little guys still need to be painted and attached to their bodies, which I am happy to say are done!  YAY!

A new skellie head sculpt which I am loving.  I've done quite a few of these now.  They are all ready to go, painted and ready to mount on some beautiful wands.  Fun little jingles have been added inside the skellie heads.  When you shake the head in your hands it actually jingles!!   Eeeeee .... so fun!!!

My new ornaments this year!  Skellie bats, cats and mice are almost done!  The above pic is a work in progress.  Head still needs to be painted, bones shaded and final touches to be made, but I am thrilled with them so far!  Stay tuned on these!



The witches are coming!  The witches are coming!  Yes, they are and I couldn't be more pleased to see them.  Of course, I will be painting these witches green.  I think most of my witches are green.  Who doesn't love a green witch?  These little hags are now sculpted and will be added to their bodies shortly.  Exciting!!!!

So much more to show you, but I will stop for now.  I have been sanding and painting away for the past month, so the month of July is a month of assembly and completion.  I am exciting to meet my new creations and I hope that you will stick around to see them too!

Well, I should get back to my worktable!  Until then, I hope you follow your dreams ... they just might come true!



2 comments:

Lisa J. Ammerman said...

Wow, LeeAnn! You've been a little sculpting machine! Everything looks fabulously spooky! I can't wait to see all the finished art pieces. When I'm right, I'm right....about quitting that day job! I'm so happy for you, and I know you are going to have a stellar selling season!
Big hugs! Lisa

Charmed Confections said...

Thanks Lisa! I have been at it day and night. I was thinking how on earth did I do this while I was working. I'm exhausted now. LOL!
Can't wait to see your new things and your article in the August issue of Art Doll Quarterly! Congratulations!!! Big hugs right back, LeeAnn