HomeArtist Bio/StudioArtwork for SaleFind Me HereCustomer Feedback

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Art Doll Quarterly 2013 - Halloween Issue Almost Here!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you have been well and enjoying your summer.  I am so thankful that our little heatwave has calmed down slightly.   It is hard to create when you just want to lay under the air conditioner vent all day.  My little dog, Jake and I are turning into lounge lizards.  Not very productive, but we enjoy gazing into each others eyes.  (Puppy Love)

Well, I am happy to announce that Art Doll Quarterly is almost out in stores - August 1st!!  YAY!  I know that some subscribers to the magazine already have their copy, and I was lucky enough to get mine in the mail last Saturday.  Since this is my first time being published, I have been waiting on pins and needles for the days to tick by.  It truly is like Christmas in July and I have been waiting for my "BIG" present from Santa!!  Hey? ... I've been good!  Holding the magazine in my hands, my family gathered around to have the unveiling.  I was so nervous and excited at the same time.


WOW!  It is so wild to see your art on those glossy pages.  
You can find Charmed Confections artwork on pages 104, 105 and 106.  

For those of you out there who have always wanted to do something like this .... I say "Be Brave and Submit!"  My family and friends are my best cheerleaders.  They say go for it and I always doubt myself.  I am so glad I stepped out of the shadows and tried.  Be brave my blog friends!  Step out into the sun and be daring - you just might shine (at least for a little while)!!  If you have a dream - dare to make it a reality.  You can do it!  I'll cheer YOU on.

Thank you to my family, friends and customers who cheer me on  - one foot in front of the other.  You are the gems in my (invisible) crown - and it's a big one too!!  (Yes ... I'll always be a girlie-girl.)

Two of my very dear friends are in the magazine as well.  It is such an honor to be listed alongside them and all the other fabulous artists represented.

Carly of Boggy Bottom Bayou -- Check out her article - The Bling Factor!  She is on page 10 and page 69.
Here is her blog link:
www.boggybottombayou.blogspot.com

and,

Lisa of  "A Piece of Lisa" -- Lisa's adorable White Witch is listed in Show and Tell with me.
Here is her blog link:
http://apieceoflisajane.blogspot.com/

Well, I am off to sculpt more heads.  I am working on some new pieces and will have some work in progress pictures for you soon.

Take care my friends! XOXO





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much my dear Friend! Like I told you last..."together all the way!!!"

Lisa J. Ammerman said...

Congratulations! and THANK YOU for mentioning me and Pearl! I've always been a fraidy-cat about putting myself out there and promoting my art, but I've taken a new attitude about it....the worst that can happen is that they say 'no'. It's not the end of the world! LOL!

Bottle Whimsies said...

Congrats on the feature! So well deserved!